The Wells Fargo Active Cash Card is in great demand these days ever since it started offering great benefits to its users. The benefits are such that any new borrower would definitely want to apply for them as it avoids applying interest to its new users for a long time, it is also ready to provide a welcome bonus. After the introductory period, the interest rate starts at a variable APR, which is high, but like any other card, we can say it is common.
For those who are able to qualify, this is an excellent borrowing option overall.
Wells Fargo Active Cash Card Overview
Wells Fargo Active Cash card is also named in the list of the best credit cards, so we also recommend this for those people who have to borrow money. Whatever you purchase through this card, you are definitely given a cash-back reward for that.
And along with this, you are also able to get a cash bonus of $200 when spending $1000 and this will work up to three months of account ownership. They save you from paying interest for a maximum of 15 months because this is their introductory offer.
- Annual Fee- $0
- Required Credit Score- 670 to 850
- Purchase APR- 18.74 to 28.74% (variable)
- 0% APR Period- 15 Months
- Reward Rate- 2%
- Minimum Credit Limit- $1000
- Welcome Bonus- Reward points worth $200 when you spend $1,000 for the initial 3 months
- 2% Cash Back Rewards
- 0% Introductory APR up to 15 Months
- $200 Welcome Bonus
- No Annual Fee
- Intro APR on Balance Transfer
Features of Wells Fargo Active Cash Card
Here our experts will tell you how each and every feature offered in Wells Fargo Active Cash is going to play a role for a borrower. If you do not like this card for any reason then you can also think of other cards and we have listed them below as well.
A credit card issuer or bank charges a foreign transaction fee for each transaction made outside the United States.
Keep in mind that there is a 3% Wells Fargo International Transaction fee associated with this card. If you intend to use this abroad, then consider switching to a credit card that has no foreign transaction fees at all.
- Annual Fee- 0%
- Introductory Balance Transfer Fee- 3% or $5 (whichever is greater) for 120 days after opening the account.
- International Transaction Fee- 3% on every transaction
- Late Payoff Charges- Up to $40
- Cash Advance Fee- Either 5% or $10, whichever is higher
For your all purchases and balance transfers, the Active Cash Card Wells Fargo provides an introductory APR of 0% that works for 15 months from the account opening date. To be eligible for the intro APR, the request of transferring the balance must be submitted within 120 days of account opening.
When the intro period is over, then this card starts APR in the range of 18.74% to 28.74% (Variable), which completely depends on your creditworthiness.
This means if your credit history is below the level that lenders want, then unfortunately you have to face a quite high APR.
- Purchase APR- 18.74 to 28.74% (variable)
- Introductory Purchase APR- 0% for 15 months after opening the account
- Balance Transfer APR- 18.74 to 28.74% (variable)
- Introductory Balance Transfer APR- 0% up to 15 months from the account opening
- Cash Advance APR- 26.74%
- Overdraft Protection APR- 26.74%
- Lowest Interest Charges- $1
There is an endless rewards program for each purchase on the Wells Fargo Active Cash Card. If you do not want to monitor different reward categories, this cashback plan is an excellent deal.
You can get rewards of 2% on all purchases, and there are no caps or limits.
Through the Earn More Mall site, you can shop both online and offline to earn bonuses.
In addition to this, if you spend up to $1000 within the initial three months of receiving the card, you will get a cash bonus of $200.
There are several ways to redeem your Active Cash Card Wells Fargo: :
- For purchases
- Checking or Mortgage account
- Use a Wells Fargo Credit Card
- Redeem rewards to pay via PayPal
- Gift Cards
The Wells Fargo Dynamic Cash Card permits cash advances, for instance, the capacity to get cash from your Visa at a bank or an ATM.
Since cash advances are not qualified for the introductory APR of 0%, money borrowed from cash advances will begin to accrue interest instantly at the given cash advance rate which is 26.74%.
On the other hand, there is a 5% or $10 cash advance fee, which makes cash advances quite costly.
For a cash advance, only use credit cards in an emergency because they might end up costing quite a lot in interest and fees.
Active Cash Card Wells Fargo submits monthly reports to credit agencies in order to assist cardholders in building credit. These bureaus will keep updating your credit report frequently, in which it will be known how responsibly you are taking loans and paying them.
Cell Phone Protection
With the support of the Wells Fargo Active Cash Card, when every month you pay the cell phone bill, this card provides up to $600 per claim in phone theft or damage protection. Based on a deduction of $25.
This benefit is useful at home as well as while traveling, delivering one of the ideal cash rewards rates on your bill while simultaneously saving you money on cellphone insurance.
Visa Signature Privileges
Additional Visa benefits are included with this card, such as access to the Visa Signature Hotel Collection’s premium benefits and free-of-cost concierge service 24/7 for the purpose of traveling help which includes entertainment and dining requirements.
Other Benefits from Active Cash Card Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo Active Cash Card also offers you many other important benefits. We have given the details of all of them below:
- Zero Liability Policy: If any fraudulent transaction is happening with your credit card account, then you will not be held responsible for it at all.
- Account Security: Don’t let anyone know your account information, for this, you are also being given great security features like voice verification and 2-step verification.
- Contactless Payment: You can use a phone to make your payments wherever there is digital wallet technology.
- Monitoring: The Wells Fargo Mobile® app, lets you check account activity and pay credit card bills from anywhere.
Who Can Use Wells Fargo Active Cash Card?
The Wells Fargo Active Cash Card is perfect for those seeking a credit card that goes beyond the norm. It’s a choice tailored for individuals who want to earn cashback on their spending without worrying about annual fees. Here are the people who can use Wells Fargo Active Cash Card:
People Who are Looking for Simple Rewards
Earning caps and cycling categories make some credit card reward programs puzzling. The rewards plan on this card is fixed rate and offers limitless rewards of 2% cash back on all types of purchases.
Moreover, the rewards can be effectively redeemed in various ways, and you don’t have to reach a specific level before they can be redeemed.
People Who Require a Balance Transfer
This card is a good option for people who want to reduce their debt because it has an introductory APR on balance transfers that is 0%. There are a lot of cards related to balance transfers that charge an annual fee or only provide intro APR on balance transfers, not new purchases.
One of the best cards for transferring a balance is this one, which offers 0% APR on balance transfers and purchases, no annual fee, and allows 120 days to request the balance transfer.
Active Cash Card Wells Fargo vs Other Similar Credit Cards
There are many benefits to the Wells Fargo credit card, but some drawbacks are also along with it. It is a simple matter that no card can give an advantage in every way. But if you compare Wells Fargo to its other similar cards, you will get a good idea of which card can fulfill most of your requirements.
Wells Fargo Reflect Card
There is no doubt that Active Cash Card has set up a great rewards program such as rewards on every purchase. But in contrast, the Wells fargo Reflect card is committed to offering rewards only on select purchases, here you have to set up a deal to get rewards. Both of the cards provide other benefits too, for example, concierge service, cellular telephone protection, security features, etc.
- No annual fee
- Long-term introductory APR period for purchases
- Great APR for qualifying balance
Citi Double Cash
The Citi Double Cash card’s introductory 0% APR period only applies to balance transfers and does not apply to purchases, which is one of the main distinctions between the two cards.
Active Cash Card Wells Fargo is therefore a better option if you plan to keep a balance on your purchases with this new credit card because the interest on new purchases will not begin for 15 months.
- Great rewards rate
- No annual fee
- Introductory balance transfer fee
- No limit on how much cashback can be earned—there is no cap.
Chase Freedom Unlimited
Both of the aforementioned “titled” cards come with no annual fee and offer 0% APR for 15 months.
The Chase Unlimited card might be a better option for you if you spend a lot on dining, travel, and drugstore purchases. However, if you want straightforward rewards, the Wells Fargo Active Cash℠ is the way to go.
- Great Welcome Offer
- $0 Annual Fee
- Unlimited Cash Back Rewards Rate of 1.5%
- No limit on the redemption amount
Quick Comparison Between Active Cash Card Wells Fargo and Other Cards
We are doing a comparison of all the above-mentioned features of the credit card through this table.
|Features||Wells Fargo Active Card||Chase Freedom Unlimited Card||Citi Double Cash Card||Wells Fargo Reflect Card|
|Credit Score||670 to 850||690 or Higher||670–850||670 to 850|
|0% APR Period||15 Months||15 Months||18 Months||18 Months|
|Purchase APR||18.74%–28.74% (variable)||18.74%- 27.49% (Variable)||17.74%–27.74% (variable)||16.74%–28.74% (variable)|
Frequently Asked Questions
Q.1- Does Wells Fargo have foreign transaction fees on Active Cash?
Ans. Yes, you have to pay fees for international transactions. This means that any transaction you do outside the United States will definitely be charged. Here, a charge of 3% is levied on every transaction linked to this card.
Q.2- Is Wells Fargo Active Cash hard to get?
Ans. Active Cash Card Wells Fargo is best for people who have good credit, usually a credit score of at least 670. If you have a credit score above 700, your chances of getting approved are even better. So now it depends on you whether you can reach the minimum credit score.
When applying for this card, the lender pays maximum attention to your credit score while evaluating your application form, including your entire credit history and income.
Q.3- What is the Wells Fargo Active Cash credit limit?
Ans. According to the Wells Fargo Active Cash review, this card has a credit limit of between $1000 and $20000 or more. Cardholders’ credit limits differ based on a number of factors such as income per year, credit score, how honestly you pay off your borrows, and other credit histories.
Q.4- What credit score is needed for a Wells Fargo Active Cash Card?
Ans. The criteria set by Wells Fargo Active Cash Card for credit score is 670 to 850. Credit score plays the most important role in your approval process.
Q.5- What is the grace period for a Wells Fargo credit Card?
Ans. Wells Fargo provides a minimum of a 25-day grace period, between the duration your statement closes and the payoff date. You won’t be charged late fees if you pay off not less than the minimum during this time.
However, if you do not pay off fully, interest will begin to accrue and your grace period will expire.
Q.6- Is Wells Fargo Active Cash card instant approval?
Ans. As per Wells Fargo Credit Active Card reviews, the process of approval of this card is very fast. Users can find out within a few minutes after submitting the application whether it is selected for this card or not. The card will arrive between seven and ten business days later.
- Elizabeth Jones is one of our editorial team’s leading authors on credit card offers, services & more. With over two decades of experience in the consumer credit industry and as a nationally recognized credit expert, Elizabeth provides in-depth analysis of both traditional & alternative forms of credit. Elizabeth regularly appears on many major media outlets including NBC Nightly News, Fox Business Network, CNBC & Yahoo! Finance. She is also a frequent contributor to Forbes Magazine. As a highly appreciated author for our exclusive Editorial Team, Elizabeth strives to provide readers with a trustworthy advice on how to manage their credit accounts while staying informed on the latest offers in the marketplace.
- BlogSeptember 26, 2023How to Block Payments on Cash App: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 21, 2023How to Add Money to Apple Pay: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023PayPal Gift Cards: Everything You Need to Know
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023How to Add an Apple Gift Card to Wallet: A Step-by-Step Guide