We cannot deny the fact that credit cards have become extremely important these days. They are the right solution for all your immediate money needs. To get a credit card, your credit score matters a lot. If you have a bad credit score, it becomes difficult to get an unsecured credit card. Do you have a bad credit score but are still looking for an unsecured card? If yes, then you can consider a Total Credit Card.
In this article, we are going to give you detailed Total Credit Card reviews. You may find many Total Visa Credit Card Reviews on the internet, but we promise you, this one stands out. Here we are going to discuss all the important factors like fees, interest rates, rewards, benefits, etc. so that you can decide whether you want this credit card or not.
What is a Total Visa Credit Card?
If you want an unsecured credit card but your credit score is poor then you can consider the Total Credit Card. It comes with an easy application and approval process. Though the annual fee and regular APR are very high and the initial credit limit is just $300. It is one of the highest-maintenance credit cards out there. And you will also have to pay if you want to increase the credit limit. So if you are planning to get this credit card then read our Total Visa Card reviews carefully.
- No security deposit is needed.
- You can apply for a credit limit increase.
- It is a good card for building credit.
Now in this review, we will discuss the specific features of the Total Visa Card in detail. So let’s go.
Our Rating: 1.2/5
We are giving such a low rating to this card in this section because the interest rate of this card is extremely high. We can definitely say that this card has one of the highest interest rates among unsecured credit cards. The purchase APR of the Total card is 34.99%, that too is fixed.
- Cash Advance APR: 34.99%
- Purchase APR: 34.99% (Fixed)
- Minimum Interest Fee: $1.00
Our Rating: 2.1/5
You will get tired of counting the number of fees that this card charges. It all starts with an $89 one-time program fee, you have to pay this fee even before you get the card. After this, you will have to pay a $75 annual fee, monthly maintenance fee, credit limit increase fee, and whatnot. Just simply get this that there is a fee for everything and the fee list goes on and on.
- Annual Fee for First Year: $75
- Annual Fee from Second Year: $48
- Program Fee: $89 (One-time fee)
- Monthly Maintenance Fee: $0.00 for the first year and then $6.25 every month (Which becomes $75 yearly)
- Returned Payment Fee: Up to $40
- Late Payment Fee: Up to $40
- Credit Limit Increase Fee: 20% of the increased credit limit
- Cash Advance Fee: $0.00 for the first year and then 3% of the cash advance of $10, whichever is higher.
We know you got tired after reading this list, LOL! After all, you will have to pay a fee of $164, even before you start using your card.
Our Rating: 2.5/5
This card comes with a minimum credit limit of $300, which is very less to be true. It should be at least $500 to $700. Another issue is that though you can apply for a credit limit increase, you will have to pay for it. You will have to pay a fee of 20% of the increased credit limit as a fee. This fee is completely illogical and makes the card unaffordable for middle-class people.
Our Rating: 1.0/5
If you are paying so much on a card’s fee, at least you would expect good rewards in return. But this is where the Total Credit Card disappoints you again. It comes with an extremely high fee and no rewards, cashback, or discounts at all.
Our Rating: 2.2/5
No over-the-top benefits are offered by the Total Visa Card. It comes with basic benefits like tools to see your credit score and a mobile app to manage your card better.
Our Rating: 4.0/5
This is the only section where we would like to give this card a good rating, simply because, at the end of every month, they report all your credit card activity to all the credit bureaus including TransUnion, Equifax, and Experian.
Is Total Visa Credit Card Good for Me?
If you fall under any of the following categories, then you can go with the Total card visa.
1. You have No Credit History
If you are someone with zero credit history then you might not qualify for an unsecured credit card. That’s when the Total Visa Credit Card comes into the picture. If you are ready to pay the high annual fee, maintenance fee, and interest then you can go with this credit card.
2. You Do Not Want to Pay the Security Deposit
If you are someone with a poor credit score but still do not want to pay for the security deposit and looking for an unsecured credit card then this is an ideal credit card for you. You will not have to pay any security deposit to get this credit card. But if your credit score is good, then we will recommend you to go with the other best Unsecured credit cards.
3. You need the Credit Card Immediately
As we told you earlier, the application and approval process for Total credit cards is pretty fast. So if you cannot wait for a better credit card then you can definitely go with this credit card.
What to Expect from a Total Visa Card?
As you already know by now that this is a very expensive card with no rewards, so you should not expect a lot from this card.
1. Normal Credit Building Potential
This card has a normal credit-building potential. You will just get the credit scores for your credit activity. Where other credit cards give you extra FICO points and other points to give good growth to your credit score, Total credit card has nothing like this.
2. Easy Approval
Even if your credit score is bad or zero, there are high chances that your Total Visa Card application will be approved, because their qualification criteria are very basic.
3. High Cost
As we told you, this is an expensive card. There is a fee for everything, be that foreign transaction or credit limit increase. And the annual fee and APR are extremely high.
How to Get a Total Credit Card?
To get the Total Visa Card, you can call on their customer care number or go to Total visa credit card official website. There you will get the credit card application form. You will have to fill in your basic details like:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Monthly income
- Annual income
- Monthly expenses
- Your employment details
- Social Society Number
- Contact Details
- Email address
Once you fill in all this, just send your application.
After this, they will conduct an inquiry into your credit. If you qualify for this credit card, you will get a call regarding the offered credit limit and other details. If you like the offered terms, you can confirm them. After confirming, you will get the credit card within 10 to 15 days.
How to Build Credit with a Total Visa Credit Card?
In order to build your credit score with this credit card, you can follow the things mentioned below:
- Pay all your credit card bills on time.
- Make sure that you set up an automatic payment option so that you do not miss any payments.
- Leave some balance on your credit card.
- Do not overuse your credit card.
- Use your credit card for expenses like fuel, groceries, hotel bookings, etc.
Conclusion: Should I Go for the Total Credit Card?
If you are planning to go for the Total credit card, then we would recommend you reconsider your decision. It is an extremely expensive card and does not offer any rewards or cash back. There is a fee for everything with very basic benefits. The credit limit is also very low and you will have to pay a fee for a credit limit increase. So this credit card is just not worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. What bank owns the Total Credit Card?
Total Credit Card is issued by the Bank of Missouri.
Q2. What is the credit limit for the Total Visa?
Total Visa card offers an initial credit limit of $300. But if you request a credit limit increase, you will have to pay 20% of the total credit limit increase as a fee.
Q3. How to pay the Total Visa credit card?
You can simply pay the credit card bill of the Total Visa Credit Card through your bank account. You can also set up an automatic transaction, where on the date of bill payment, the payable amount will automatically be deducted from your bank account so that you do not miss any payments.
Q4. How to check the balance on the Total Visa card?
You can use their mobile application to check the balance on this credit card.
Q5. How to cancel a Total Visa credit card?
You can call on their customer care number and ask to cancel your credit card. You can also go to their official website and apply for credit card cancellation.
Q6. Where can I use my Total Visa credit card?
You can use your total Visa Credit Card to make all kinds of legal purchases like fuel, groceries, dining, hotel booking, and other daily-use items. But make sure that you do not overuse your card and leave some balance on the card, otherwise, it will have a negative effect on your credit score.
- Elizabeth Jones is one of our editorial team’s leading authors on credit card offers, services & more. With over two decades of experience in the consumer credit industry and as a nationally recognized credit expert, Elizabeth provides in-depth analysis of both traditional & alternative forms of credit. Elizabeth regularly appears on many major media outlets including NBC Nightly News, Fox Business Network, CNBC & Yahoo! Finance. She is also a frequent contributor to Forbes Magazine. As a highly appreciated author for our exclusive Editorial Team, Elizabeth strives to provide readers with a trustworthy advice on how to manage their credit accounts while staying informed on the latest offers in the marketplace.
- BlogSeptember 26, 2023How to Block Payments on Cash App: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 21, 2023How to Add Money to Apple Pay: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023PayPal Gift Cards: Everything You Need to Know
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023How to Add an Apple Gift Card to Wallet: A Step-by-Step Guide