Quickbooks is a well-known Intuit product used for accounting and performing other financial activities for a firm. It is used by mid-sized and small-sized companies to make tasks easier to perform and get a one-stop solution for all accounting issues. Despite the fact of how good Quickbooks is, like other software, you can face issues while using it. So, the company introduced a tool called the Quickbooks file doctor tool to identify and fix the issues in the application automatically. The tool can be used to fix all the issues with the application like company file errors or network errors. In this article, we are going to talk about the Quickbooks file doctor tool in detail. We have explained how you can download it on the system and install it. let’s get you started with this guide.
Introduction to Quickbooks File Doctor
QBFD is a tool that can be used to fix different issues in your Quickbooks application like connection issues, network issues, update issues, and others. While scanning the system it will detect all the tool issues and then fix them on its own. Also, if the Quickbooks company file is damaged or corrupted, the tool can scan them and fix them if recoverable. Other than this, it is easier to use and also, can be accessed anytime.
Quickbooks file doctor tool is a combination of two tools: Quickbooks company file diagnostic tool and Quickbooks network connectivity diagnostic tool. So, the user now does not have to download the tools differently and simply uses file doctor.
Errors Resolved Using Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Now, as we have mentioned, different errors can be resolved with the help of the file doctor. If you are facing any one of these errors, you can fix it with the help of the tool.
- Error code 6000 301
- Quickbooks is not responding
- Quickbooks error code 6150
- Error code 6189 Quickbooks
- H series errors
- Quickbooks is not able to open the company file.
- Quickbooks is not able to connect.
- Different network issues.
- Vendors, customers, and employees lists are empty.
- Error code 6000 335
- Quickbooks error 6130
Important Points Related to Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
While you work with the Quickbooks file doctor tool, you will have to keep certain things in mind. Below we have mentioned a list of all the things that you need to know.
- To start with, you will have to make sure that you are using only one version of the file doctor on the system. In case any other version is present on the system, you will have to delete it from the system.
- You need to know that the built-in tool is only present with Quickbooks versions released after 2015. In case you have an earlier version, you will have to use an external file for the same.
- Also, the Quickbooks doctor file repair is available only for the Windows operating system. It is not compatible with Mac.
- Other than this, you may see that for some errors, the prompt for the Quickbooks file repair will appear on the screen automatically. All you have to do is to click on the start option and then complete the scan.
Types of Quickbooks File Repair Doctor
When it comes to Quickbooks doctor file repair, you get two types of tools. Both versions are available on the official Quickbooks application. The two types are as follows:
This version of the tool comes with the Quickbooks application only. This version has minimum system requirements. To keep using the tool, you will have to make sure that you update the Quickbooks application properly.
This version is available for the hosting server and connectivity issues. You can use this tool only if you have a database server manager activated on the system. When it comes to choosing between the two versions, this version is more in demand and use.
Steps to Download and Use Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
Now, if you wish to carry out a Quickbooks file doctor download, follow the steps mentioned below. Make sure to follow them, in the same way, to complete the process easily.
- To start with, you need to download the current and supported version of the Quickbooks file doctor tool on the system. Keep in mind that if any other version is installed on the system, you will have to delete it first and then install a new one.
- Now, click on the saved file and the installation window will open on the screen. You will now have to complete the installation process by following all the on-screen instructions.
- When done, start the tool on the system. Now, to choose the required company file, you will have to click on the drop-down menu or you can click on the Browse option.
- Next, in the window, you will have to click on the check file damage option and then choose to diagnose the file.
- After this, it will redirect you to another prompt and you will have to choose out of the two options.
- If there is a company files issue like series 6000, you need to choose the first option.
- Otherwise, if you have network issues like QuickBooks Error H202, you need to select the second option.
- When done, it will ask you to enter your credentials. Enter the right credentials and then choose the next option.
- In the next window, you will get two options about how you need the diagnosis to be done. Choose the one that suits you.
- If you are using the application on your client system, you will have to choose the option for the workstation. You need to make sure that the file is not stored on the network.
- Otherwise, you need to choose the second one in case the file is stored on the network and you are using Quickbooks on the client system.
- Once done, click on the “Yes” option if you are using Quickbooks on the workstation or the server.
- Now, the process will begin. You will have to wait for the process to complete because it will take time according to the file size and also, the speed of the internet.
- Next, on complete, you will see a success message on the screen.
- Close the window and then start Quickbooks.
Things to Know About Built-In Version of Quickbooks File Doctor
Now, if you are using the built-in version of the Quickbooks file repair, here is a list of all the things that you will have to keep in mind.
- You can use the tool to repair the company file and data. You will now have to download and install the Quickbooks application to use it on the system.
- Also, you need to know that the built-in Quickbooks doctor file repair is not available globally. It is available only for CA, the US, and the UK.
- Moreover, the tool is compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 10, and servers 2003-2012.
- Keep in mind that you will have to download the .Net framework on your system. In case it is not available on the system, you will have to use the tool with the help of the Quickbooks Tool Hub.
Steps to Use the Built-In Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
To use the built-in Quickbooks file doctor tool, you will have to carry out some simple steps. The tool will then detect the error and resolve the error. Follow all the steps mentioned below to use the built-in Quickbooks file doctor.
- To begin with, you need to ensure that you have not opened any company file on the system and then open the Quickbooks application.
- Now, you will have to go to the File option and then, in the end, you need to look for the “Utilities” option.
- Click on it. Next, choose the option to repair the file and now you need to choose the network issue option. The process will begin.
- After this, choose the browse option. You will then have to direct the tool to the folder of your company file.
- Now, choose the option to show advanced settings and then click on the type of fix.
- Once done, you will have to enter your credentials. Choose the Next option.
- Let the process of scan complete and start Quickbooks again on the system.
While using the Quickbooks file repair tool, there can be different outcomes that you can come across. Below we have mentioned a list of those outcomes.
Tool Fixed the Issue
This is the most desired outcome of using the tool. In this result, the Quickbooks file doctor has successfully determined the issue and fixed it. On completion, all you need to do is to choose the option to open the required file.
No Issues Detected
Now, the next outcome is when the tool is not able to detect the issue with the company file. It can be because the tool failed to find the error. For this, you need to sign in to your company file and then see if there is an error. From there, you need to choose the auto data recovery setup option and then start adding the transactions since the last backup.
Tool Couldn’t Fix the Issue
The last scenario is when the tool will be able to detect the issue but can not fix it. For this, you will have to use the auto data recovery setup option. It is up to you to add the transactions manually or add your file.
Pros of Using Quickbooks File Doctor Tool
There are different reasons for which we recommend using Quickbooks file repair. Check out the list of all the advantages of the file doctor.
- The very common reason is the tool can fix network issues.
- Also, the tool can repair the 6000 series errors which are fatal for the system.
- Next, if you have lost crucial file data, the tool can fix the issues.
- Other than this, you can use the tool you ate trying to access the file stored on some other network.
- You can also fix your damaged data with Quickbooks file repair.
- In the end, you can fix errors like H303, H505 using this tool.
Cons of Using Quickbooks File Repair
Though there are multiple advantages of the Quickbooks doctor file repair, there are some disadvantages of the tool. Check the disadvantages below.
- To start with, you need to make sure that the file size is 2GB or less than that.
- Other than this, to use the tool on the system, you will need to have an internet connection. You need to keep connected to the system to keep using the tool.
- Also, you will have to make sure to have admin access to use the tool.
- In the end, we recommend you use the tool in case you are facing issues in accessing your file.
This was how you can carry out a Quickbooks file doctor download. We have tried to explain to you all the information about the Quickbooks file repair that you need to know before using the tool. In case you still have questions regarding the same, you can seek technical guidance. We hope that the article was helpful for you.
- Jonas Taylor is a financial expert and experienced writer with a focus on finance news, accounting software, and related topics. He has a talent for explaining complex financial concepts in an accessible way and has published high-quality content in various publications. He is dedicated to delivering valuable information to readers, staying up-to-date with financial news and trends, and sharing his expertise with others.