It might be difficult to apply for a new card, especially if you have credit cards for bad credit or a short credit record. If the lender notices any negative items on your credit reports, such as missed payments or bankruptcy, you could be concerned about being approved for a credit card. Whatever your motivation is, but for your query of a “totally free background check no credit card needed“, you have many options. So, we’ll provide a list of some of the top no credit check credit cards. Let’s start.
Credit Check Description
Credit check basically means where a latent creditor goes through your credit report to know about your borrowing record. It includes:
- Late with Payments.
- The status of your employee.
- If any o/s loans.
- The name & address.
- Unpaid Payments.
Here we have listed a few examples that will be shown by a credit check. It will show you your financial position & if there is any risk or not if you borrow the money. In case any black mark/unpaid payment is shown in your book then you don’t want it to be shown to them as they will not grant you a loan.
How to Get Credit Cards with No Credit Check?
If you want to have a credit card no credit check, then you have to keep a security deposit for your credit card. These “no-credit-check cards are actually referred to as secured credit cards”. They keep the deposit in case the user fails to repay the bills. After opening this credit card, you will see that your deposit is similar to your credit limit.
When you buy anything and pay through a card but do not pay the balance then the lender will put the security with him. Secured cards are therefore easier for lenders to accept. That’s why some issuers of secured credit cards will provide acceptance without running a credit check.
Top 5 No Credit Check Credit Cards
Listed below are the top 5 totally free background checks no credit card is needed when you can apply and they will not ask you about your credit:
1. OpenSky Secured Visa
Our Rating: 4.0/5
It is one of the easiest credit cards to get which you can get without any credit check. It guaranteed approval credit cards with over $1000 limit. You just need to give $200 to $3000 as a deposit and you can see the same limit as in credit. You might have seen that secured credit cards provide a limit ranging between $200 to $500. But, it provides a limit of $1000 which makes it unique. It also reports to all 3 agencies.
- Less APR.
- No need to check the account.
- Probabilities of approval are high.
- Feasible due dates.
2. First Progress Platinum Prestige Mastercard Secured Credit Card
Our Rating: 4.1/5
First Progress Platinum Prestige Mastercard Secured credit card involves a credit limit that is quite high ($2000). It also reports to all 3 major agencies & has a less annual fee as compared to other cards which makes it attractive. Also, it has less APR as compared to other cards which are 13.74%.
- Less APR.
- There will be no credit inquiry.
- You will get back your deposit.
- If there is any bankruptcy then it will not affect you.
3. GO2bank Secured Visa
Our Rating: 3.8/5
G02bank secured visa is a card that provides a very low deposit which is $100. Also, it grants you an agreed APR which you may not see in other cards. It is good for startup business credit cards with no credit check.
- Zero annual fees.
- There are Foreign settlements & cash advances.
- It reports to all 3 major credit agencies.
- It doesn’t require a credit check.
4. Chime Credit Builder Secured Visa
Our Rating: 3.9/5
Chime credit builder secured visa is a very honest card that doesn’t require any “fees, interest, or also a feasible security deposit”. It is for those who want to build credit. You don’t have to pay any fee for a cash advance. So, it is easy to take cash from ATMs.
- They will not charge any interest.
- Zero annual fees.
- They will not do credit checks
- Zero foreign transaction fees
- Don’t have to pay any fee for a cash advance.
5. Self Visa + Credit Builder Account
Our Rating: 3.8/5
This card is the best if you want to build credit as it doesn’t require a credit check. It will report to all 3 major agencies. In this, you will pay a security deposit in installments and you can pay it in three months.
- Helps in building credit.
- Doesn’t matter if you have bad credit.
- They will not do credit checks.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How to check a credit card balance?
You can check your credit card balance through:
- Net Banking
- Mobile App
- Customer Service
- You can visit your branch
Q2. How to check the billing address of a credit card?
You can check the billing address printed on your billing statement.
Q3. How to check if a credit card is active?
The easiest way to check if your credit card is active or not is just to give a call to the issuer.
Q4. How to check APR on your credit card?
Your monthly statement will include your APR.
Well, we have explained and given you the choices that can resolve your query for a “totally free background check no credit card needed”. We have listed the top 5 credit cards that don’t require a credit check. You can choose any one of them according to your suitability. If you are stuck anywhere then you can get back to us anytime.
- Elizabeth Jones is one of our editorial team’s leading authors on credit card offers, services & more. With over two decades of experience in the consumer credit industry and as a nationally recognized credit expert, Elizabeth provides in-depth analysis of both traditional & alternative forms of credit. Elizabeth regularly appears on many major media outlets including NBC Nightly News, Fox Business Network, CNBC & Yahoo! Finance. She is also a frequent contributor to Forbes Magazine. As a highly appreciated author for our exclusive Editorial Team, Elizabeth strives to provide readers with a trustworthy advice on how to manage their credit accounts while staying informed on the latest offers in the marketplace.
- BlogSeptember 26, 2023How to Block Payments on Cash App: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 21, 2023How to Add Money to Apple Pay: A Comprehensive Guide
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023PayPal Gift Cards: Everything You Need to Know
- BlogSeptember 20, 2023How to Add an Apple Gift Card to Wallet: A Step-by-Step Guide