Every parent knows the struggle of having kids. They grow so fast and before you know it, they have outgrown all their clothes. You constantly run around purchasing new clothes for your children. If you too feel like you have been spending a lot on the clothes that your kids outgrow frequently, you might as well earn from all these expenses. The Children’s Place Credit Card is offered by the apparel store named Children’s Place. It is designed for parents who wish to save and earn rewards while shopping for their children.
But how can you decide if this card is suitable for you or not? In this article, we will discuss the perks as well as the drawbacks of this credit card. We will present you with full-fledged factual information about the card that will help you make an informed decision if this credit card makes any sense to you or not.
Children’s Place Credit Card: An Overview
The Children’s Place is amongst the top apparel stores for kids and babies. Established in 1969, in the US, this store now has more than 1000 branches all over the USA, Canada, and Puerto Rico. It launched amazing opportunities for parents to earn rewards and save from the clothes they purchase for their kids.
For every $1 you spend in this store, you will win 2x reward points which can either be used to purchase or can be converted into money. Every 100 reward points will make $5. You can stack up to four rewards from a single account and use them together or you can also combine the reward with coupon codes or promotional offers.
Using your Children’s Place Card, you can even make purchases on credit. However, it might not be as good as it sounds because of its relatively higher APR. However, if you are a new user, you can make bigger purchases with this card. This is because it offers some amazing welcome schemes that will help you save a lot. You will get a 20% off coupon when you first get this Credit Card. Along with this, you will get 30% off on your very first purchase using the card.
Along with this, you will get off on your child’s birthday and free shipping on online payments. Having said that, the card still has its drawbacks. High APR, for example. More or less, you will only earn rewards if you use the card at the Children’s Place, not anywhere else.
The most important factor that affects your decision regarding any card, let alone, this one is its features. The very first thing you will want to know is the features of the card you plan on opting for. Therefore we bring before you the features of this card to help you learn more about it.
You will get a relatively lower credit limit with this card. This credit card offers you a credit limit ranging from $200 to $500. The credit limit depends on your creditworthiness and your income.
This card reports to all three major credit bureaus regarding all your activities. Your credit report is generated and sent to Equifax, Experian, and Transunion for review and evaluation.
The card offers you various discounts including a welcome discount of 20% along with the card, 30% on the first purchase, and 25% on the kid’s birthday. Along with this 2 reward points are earned on every dollar spent.
Credit Score Requirement
The Children’s Place requires you to have a fair to good credit score. However, it totally depends on your creditworthiness, your FICO, your credit history, and your income. Many customers have stated being approved at a score as low as 525.
The credit card can only be used at the store. You cannot use it like a normal card. Since it is not linked with any other brand like Visa, MasterCard, etc. it cannot be used at other places. This means you cannot just use the card for gas stations or groceries, it can only be used to make payments from The Children’s Place.
Zero Fraud Liability
Any payment made without your authorization will be covered by the company. Moreover, theft and fraud assistance will lock and unlock your card whenever required. You can get a 24*7 monitored credit report which will tell you when and where the card is being used. You can also get your card replaced if it is lost, stolen, or misplaced.
Fees and Annual Percentage Rate
Although this card offers very inviting rewards, its high APR is a major setback. Most people opt for credit cards so that they can borrow the amount and therefore they look for a reasonable interest rate. However, this credit card charges a relatively higher annual percentage rate, i.e. 28.24%. This rate is variable yet it is high.
You cannot transfer the balance from another account. Also, since the card cannot be used anywhere except the store itself, there is no foreign transaction fee as well. This is amongst the top reasons why you might find this credit card unacceptable.
Along with high APR, no balance transfers, or foreign transactions, the Children’s Place charges a late payment fee of up to $41. This means you will have to pay an additional amount of up to $41 (depending upon the amount due) if you make payments one or more days after it is due.
In case your payments are returned due to reasons that are under your control like insufficient funds, you will have to pay additional charges up to $41, depending on the amount of returned payment. The annual fee is $0, which means you do not have to pay any yearly fees to maintain the active status of your card.
Who does not love discounts and rewards? It is like saving a few bucks on your expenses and spending. This card offers a good set of schemes when it comes to rewarding their clients. You get several discounts as well as reward points when you shop with the card. However, you can only use this card in the store and no other place.
Speaking of rewards, you will get a 20% off coupon when you first get the card. This is just the initial offer. Moving on to your very first purchase with the card, you can knock off 30% on the entire amount of your purchase. Other than this, you can register four kids with one card. Nonetheless, you will get 25% off on your kid’s birthday. Apart from this discount range, you can even earn reward points, which can be used as it is or converted to cash.
Every dollar you spend will earn you 2 points. This means you will earn 100 points if you spend $50. These 100 points can be used directly to decrease your purchase amount or you can convert them into cash. You will get $5 for 100 points.
Pros and Cons
If you are thinking about opting for this fair credit score credit card, you must want to know every aspect of it. You do not want to get into a deal that you are not well aware of. This means you should not only know the advantages you will get but also the disadvantages. In this Children’s Place Credit Card Review, we will learn about both pros and cons of the card.
- No annual fee.
- You can get 25% off on your kids’ birthdays.
- You can register up to four kids with one card.
- You will get a 20% off coupon when you get the card.30% discount on your very first purchase with the card.
- 2x points earned on every $1 spent.
- Zero fraud liability protection.
- You will not have to pay any shipping charges. (online payment)
- Reports to the major credit bureaus.
- Free standard shipping.
How to Apply for My Children’s Place Credit Card?
First of all, you should know if you are eligible or not. You will need fair or good credit to get approved. However, in certain cases, you can be approved with an average score too. If you want pre-approval, the Children’s Place does not offer such a procedure through its website. However, if you get an invitation to apply for the card, it means you are pre-approved.
The application process for the card is quite easy and simple. Moreover, if you meet the eligibility, you can get approved. If you wish to apply, you can do that by:
- Go to the official website and add all the necessary details to fill out your application.
- You can physically go to the store and apply.
- You can apply through the invitation email you receive.
How to Pay Your Children’s Place Credit Card Bill?
Since most people are new to this card, you must not know how it works or how you can use it. There are different methods by which you can make a Children’s Place credit card payment. These are:
- Online payment: You can pay online from the comfort of your home, without having to move at all. All you have to do is to go to the Children’s Place credit card Login section. Then log in to your Children’s Place account and in the payments, section add your bank account along with the printing number. Now select the date and amount of payment to complete the payment.
- Paying over the phone: With this method, you will have to call your customer support and provide them your social security number first. Now you have two options, either your payment is processed through an automated system or the support executive will process the payment.
- Physically: You can physically go to the store and ask them to make payment of your credit card bill. You have to provide your ID (legal and valid), your credit card, and your credit card statement along with the sum of the amount due. You can pay using a credit or debit card or even cash.
- Mail the payment: You can send your check or money transfer to the Children’s Place post office address and the real address. Although, through mail can be a long process so make sure you send the mail at least a week and a half before the due date.
Children’s Place Credit Card: Alternatives
If you did not find My Place Rewards Credit Card suitable for you, do not worry. This does not mean you don’t have other options. There are many fishes in the sea! Below are some alternatives for this card:
1. First Tech Choice Rewards World Mastercard
First Tech Choice Rewards World Mastercard is the best choice for someone who loves rewards. With no annual fee and lower APR, it makes an attractive choice for users. Moreover, it not only allows balance transfers but also offers an introductory APR offer on it. You will get a welcome bonus and reward points with your purchase.
However, you need to have a pretty decent credit score if you wish to get this card. This means at least 640 or above.
- No annual fee.
- 0% introductory APR on balance transfer for the first 12 months.
- Welcome bonus reward is 20000 points on spending $3000 within 60 days.
- 2 points on $1 spending.
- 3-month Doordash membership along with free deliveries. $5 saving on the first two orders.
- Shoprunner membership along with free two-day shipping and returns for more than 100 merchants.
- First, a few Hellofresh orders will get a discount. 5% cash back on all orders.
- With every three Lyft rides in a calendar month, a $5 credit will be given.
- If you cancel your trip, costs up to $1500 will be covered per person per trip.
- 24*7 customer service.
- Low APR, ranging from 12% to 18%.
- No balance transfer fee, foreign transaction fee, or cash advance fee.
2. Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard
If you are a regular Walmart customer, there is nothing better than Capital One Walmart Rewards Mastercard for you. You can save on your spending, win cashback and rewards, and even make purchases on credit using this card. With no annual fee and no foreign transaction fee, you will win a welcome bonus as well. This card will help you save on your groceries and other Walmart shopping purchases.
- No annual fee.
- No foreign transaction fee.
- 5% cash back on all Walmart purchases in the first twelve months.
- 2% cash back on Walmart, restaurant, and travel purchases.
- 1% cash back on all other eligible purchases.
- You can qualify even with average credit.
- You can redeem the rewards in multiple ways.
- No penalty APR.
3. Chase Freedom Credit Card
Chase Freedom Card is a complete package of inviting schemes and offers that are compelling. If you have a good credit score, Chase is a great option for credit cards with no annual fee charges. Along with cashback and rewards, you get insurance, protection services, and whatnot! However, Chase Freedom Unlimited Credit Card’s package can only be enjoyed by individuals with good credit. With unlimited earning and spending limits, Chase makes it to the top best no-annual-fee credit cards.
Chase is considered the most rewarding credit card and it actually offers very appealing schemes.
- 5% cashback on travel payments.
- On dining and drugstore expenses: 3% cashback.
- You can finance additional perks like travel insurance, payment protection, and purchases by using My Chase Plan (purchases over $100) in fixed installments.
- All the other purchases will win 1.5% cash back.
- If you spend in a gas station in the initial first year, you will win a 5% cashback up to $6000.
- Zero annual fees.
- Introduction APR is at 0% for a whopping 15 months on purchases and balance transfers.
- As a welcome bonus reward, a $200 cash back on $500 spent in the first three months of purchases.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Who issues the Children’s Place credit card?
The Children’s Place Card is issued by Comenity Capital Bank to individuals with a decent credit score.
Q: How do I pay my Children’s Place credit card?
There are four methods to pay for a Children’s place credit card. These are:
- By phone
- By mail
Q: What credit score do you need for a Children’s Place credit card?
You need a fair to decent credit score. However, it depends on your income and creditworthiness. This is because in certain cases, customers have been approved with a score as low as 525. Therefore if you have a good credit history, creditworthiness, and pretty reliable income, you might get approved with an average credit score.
Q: Can I use my Children’s Place credit card at Walmart?
The Children’s credit card can only be used at The Children’s Place and other affiliated brands. You cannot use this card anywhere else.
Q: Can I use my Children’s Place credit card to buy a gift card?
The rewards you win through my Children’s Place credit card can only be used to reduce purchases amongst the Children’s Place only. However, CashStar sells gift cards in the store. So you cannot use the rewards to purchase those because they will not be accepted.
Q: Where can I use my Children’s Place credit card?
You can only use Children’s Place Cards at their store and other brands that are affiliated with them. Other than this, you can not use this card anywhere else. At all the other places, this card does not have any value.
The Children’s Place is a baby and kids apparel store that offers Children’s Place Credit Cards. This can help you save on kids’ clothes and offer rewards on purchases. However, the major drawback of this card is that you can use it anywhere else except for the store. This is because it is not co-branded with any other bank or company like Visa or MasterCard.
If you wish to apply for this credit card, you need a fair credit card. If you meet the credit score requirement, you can either apply physically or online. however, If you wish to get this card, the above Children’s Place Credit Card Reviews will help you make an informed decision about it.
In the above article, we have discussed all the good and bad that will come along with the card. Therefore, if you are committing to this deal, this article will help you be informed about all aspects and make a good and sensible judgment.
- William Smith is a highly respected and well-known figure in the consumer credit industry. With over two decades of experience and expertise, he is one of the most sought-after authors on credit card offers, services, and more. He has written extensively on traditional & alternative forms of credit and is a frequent contributor to Forbes Magazine, where he shares his wealth of knowledge with readers on topics such as personal finance. William can be seen regularly on major media outlets where he offers insight into the world of credit cards. He also strives to keep readers updated on the latest trends while offering sound advice on how to manage their accounts responsibly.
- BlogApril 27, 2023Navigating the Tech Industry’s Dynamic Landscape: Insights from Amazon’s Recent Layoffs
- Credit Card ReviewsFebruary 9, 2023Famous Footwear Credit Card Review 2023: Get Benefits on Footwear Purchase
- Credit Card ReviewsFebruary 4, 2023Ultimate Sephora Credit Cards Review 2023- Essential Information by Expert
- Credit Card ReviewsFebruary 2, 2023Ultimate Kay Jewelers Credit Card Review in 2023: Finance Your Jewels Easily